Stomach pain is something many people have often complained about. From children to aging adults. Everyone would have had this problem at the point or the other in their lives. But most of the time they would not know what is causing this problem. They would have this problem for a few days and it would disappear just like that and people may forget about it. It is important to know what is causing this problem so that a person can take necessary precautions to avoid it in the future or to get treated as quickly as possible.
Causes of stomach pains
There are many factors or reasons as to why a person has a stomach pain. And in most cases, they might overlook it until the pain becomes severe. The different causes of abdominal pain are
- Constipation: This is one of the common causes of stomach pain, where are a person is a not able to pass the motion. If a person is having the stomach and they are not able to pass motion regularly then constipation is most likely the cause.
- Food poisoning: Another common cause of stomach pain. A person will have intense stomach pain coupled with diarrhea after eating something that is not suitable for the body such as eating foods past their expiry date or something they are allergic to.
- Stress: Believe it or not stress can also be one of the main causes of stomach pain. When a person is very stressed in their mind then it affects the body rather negatively in the form of stomach pain.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: It is a syndrome that is commonly found in women rather than men where a person has abdominal pain coupled with diarrhea. It is hard to diagnose this but it can be easily treated with proper help.
- Ulcers: It is another cause of stomach pain. The person will feel intense pain mid-upper abdominal region and the pain may sometimes occur after having meals too. In some cases, a person may wake up in the middle of the night with intense pain. It is best to get this treated immediately.
- Thyroid problems: It may be hard to believe but if one has thyroid problems there is a definite possibility of them having stomach pain. This is because the thyroid gland takes care of the digestive systems too. If a thyroid is very active it may cause abdominal pain along with cramping and diarrhea. If the thyroid is slow then it will cause constipating and gas coupled with pain in the abdomen.
- Lactose and gluten intolerance: Those who are intolerant to lactose and gluten but consume items or products which have both of these ingredients will have stomach pain coupled with intense diarrhea.
- Endometriosis: It is a condition which occurs only in women and is very hard to diagnose and requires referrals from gynecologists. If it is diagnosed correctly it can be treated easily.
- Appendicitis: This causes severe abdominal pain which results in the person being taken to the hospital. In such cases, the appendix is usually removed through surgery and the pain disappears.
These are the few of the causes of stomach pain. It is always best to seek professional help if the pain persists.